Monday, October 28, 2013

Travyon Martin

I know this picture has been all over facebook and instagram. I just had to put my two cents on it. I don't want to sound racist, but here it go again people making fun of something so serious in the black community and the country. The fact that this girl (picture in the middle) had the balls to post this on her social media page just upset me. How can you think this is OK? I would you feel if that was your family member and for Halloween people made from of your tragedy? The issue of black face has been around for years. A lot of young people do not know this but it was a time when black people had to perform in black face just like their white counterpart. I just think that this picture is disgusting and in poor taste. I feel like now-a-day people are not trying to see it from our (black community) point of view.

I am call for all my youth to speak out against this mistreatment of the legacy of Travyon Martin! Do not let people think that this funny or OK to do. It is not funny or a joke. That young man was gun down like a animal for no reason, and for you to make fun or light of it is a dis-Justice. Enough is Enough!!!! Just because the justice system fail us do not mean black people give up the fight. NO!! arm your self with education. Learn about your history..ALL OF IT. Learn the working of your government, and fight to change the way we are viewed in the country and the world. I'm tired of seeing my people just go with the flow..its time for us to be the true leaders we was born to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment