Thursday, October 17, 2013

Spirit Day

Today is Spirit Day. This is a day to educate people on the horror of bullying, and teach young people to stand up to bullying. Today is the day to teach children to stand up to bullying, but not through fighting, yet by speaking up to up against the bully and tell an adult. It’s important for us as adults to teach children not to bully others because their different, and to tell an adult there is an act of bullying taken place.

I have my own personal stories of bullying. I experience bullying from classmates all the way to my own family members. It was a hard time for me and I still have my own struggles with it even today. I had friends who would stand up for me, and even teachers who took a stand against. My bullying story started in the fourth grade. It was valentine day and I gave a boy I had a crush on a card. He came over to me, and he picked up a red dictionary and began to hit me over and over again. Ever since then I would be scared to tell a guy I liked or crush on him. I even wore black every year until recently. I remember the school faculty tries to blame me for the fight. My parents took me out of the school.


Bullying is a topic I take seriously. To all you out there that are going through bullying, it will get better, trust me! I know it’s hard but it will get better. If you being bullied, tell an adult you can trust. If you see someone being bullied, take a stand! Tell an adult immediately and tell the bully it’s not cool to bully someone. We can end all the acts of teen suicides and youth trying to harm themselves. Don't let NO ONE convince you to end your life or hurt yourself. Keep your head up! I LOVE YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment