Monday, October 14, 2013

WHAT GROUP DO YOU BELONG TO??

Am I the only one who wonders why we are friends with certain people and not others? I notice today that the world is set up like the fictional high schools in the 90's movies I use to watch. Even in college, jocks sit and hang out with jocks and the list goes on. Myself, I do not fit any one special group. I like to do my own thing. I even notice teachers would treat you different if you fit in a certain group or not. I always find this to funny.  I Never knew that belonging to certain groups and stereotypes was a big deal in this country or world.

I am not the "normal" girl. I like wrestling and cartoons. I can also make a sailor blush with the way I talk. I see how I don't get the same respect from my male counterparts as my more "feminine" friends. I think that is crazy. Just because I don't wear tight clothes, high heels, go clubbing every night, and twerk on every guy I see don't make me any less than a woman. Treat us all the same!!!!!!!!! I learn to do things on my own because over the years guys showed me that because I am the " home girl" or their buddy I don't get the helping hand from them. I learn to open my own doors, cut my own grass, figure out whats wrong with my car, and to protect myself when I walk late at night.

Fellas, if you see a woman is walking behind you, no matter how she is dress or looks hold the door for her. Let her feel like a woman for just a mere second, since the rest of the world wont let her have that respect. I have male friend that hates to see me open a door. Like I told him, no man ever do it for me so I just learn to do it for myself. This ties to my post from yesterday, its all about self worth. I guess you can I lost a lot of it over the years, and I am finally gaining it back.

All and All today was a good day. Just remember if you having a bad day, change your thoughts and your day will change. In other words, think of good things and good things will come to you. REACH FOR THE SKY THEN ONCE YOU REACH IT...MOVE ON TO THE STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: