Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Respect=Love

Ms. Tina Webster's post title Another love really got me to thinking, looking around me at my surroundings, and thinking some more. Here's the link to her blog post so you can read it as well.
http://myteencity.blogspot.com/2013/11/another-love.html

     After reading Ms. Webster's post, I really start to think about what I REALLY want in a man rather than what I was taught I needed FROM a man. I never really sat down and thought about it. Today, I sat down in my room with a pen and notebook. I sat there and just image what kind of life I wanted then what kind of family I wanted for myself. I start to write down all the qualities I liked for in my future mate. The first thing I wrote down wasn't humbleness(which was the second one on my list), height, and not even money making abilities. The first thing I wrote down was respect. I didn't even pay it any attention until I was done with my list. I thought about the word Respect.

    I start to look around me and I see so many young women around me being disrespected. I see how so many women being treated like dogs just because they carry their self to a higher standard than the norm require of them. I see it everyday men holding doors for the "pretty" girls and slamming doors on girls that look "average". I had guys let doors hit me without a second thought. I realize I want a man that respect me. Respect me as a woman, lover, friend, and most of all as a human being.

     I say this to all my young women out there. You are more than your thighs. You are more than your breast. You are more than the clothes you wear. You should show people how to respect you by showing yourself respect. A diamond is made miles underneath the ground. It takes a man days, months, and even years to reach a point of being able to see the diamond before they can dig it out. Let a man work to see you in your glory. One day he be able to say he worked hard for his diamond.

    Fellas, treat ALL women with respect. She is someone's grandmother, aunt, sister, cousin, and daughter. Act how you would want someone to treat your mother, sister, grandmother, aunt, and even your cousin. If you see or hear one of your friends mistreating or disrespecting women, Speak up. One act of standing up, can change a life time of behaviors.

What do you think? What is your top 5 qualities you want your mate to have or must have?

No comments:

Post a Comment