Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Role Model Couple #2 President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama


The second couple on my list of role model couples is the first family. President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama. This is a couple that holds not just their family together, but the whole country. Talk about pressure!! Ladies, imagine having your husband be the leader of the free world, the most powerful man in the world. The wonderful thing about this couple is the fact they do not let the fact that they are the president and first lady go to their head. They are down to earth, and they are not afraid to speak of their past or where they came from. During their first term in the White House, they both have came out and said they struggle with student loan debt until they join the White House.  To me as a college student that means a lot to me to know that my president understands the struggles of  daily life of students trying to better their future through education. 

President Obama makes to point in hiding the love and respect he has for his wife and our first lady. There have many times the microphone picked up him making jokes about his wife or that he is "afraid of her" with loving joking undertones. They show young people how to handle a relationship with class and grace. I know a lot people may not agree with what I am about to say, but it's my opinion, but they are the black or African American people image of a true, loving, and positive relationship and couple. Some may say they are the black camlot. 

I could go on and on about this couple, but why flood you with my opinion? Tell me in the comments how you feel about the First couple/family.


No comments:

Post a Comment